Recently Jen and Brittany nominated me for the Sunshine Award and the Versatile Blogger Award! I thought this Sunday was a good a time as any to accept my awards and give you what they ask for: random facts about me!
First up, the Versatile Blogger Award!
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you
- Share seven (7) random facts about yourself
- Nominate (15) fellow bloggers that you recently discovered or follow regularly
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post
So, seven random random fact about myself…
1. I can read a book and then a month later not remember any details about it. Which is why I have to read books for book club the week before or I won’t remember anything. Good thing I read pretty fast.
The most recent book I attempted to read. Got bored. Never finished it.
2. My first job out of undergrad was entering traffic ticket information into a computer database. Sounds boring, right? I actually loved it.
3. I’ve run three marathons.
4. Some day I want to be able to do a pull up or a chin up.
5. I’m horribly allergic to cats. Good thing I’m a dog person.
This is Trinka Deu. She passed away in May of 2010. We don’t currently have a dog.
6. I’ve been married for almost 10 years.
7. The two foods I prefer not to eat are olives and artichokes. Otherwise I’ll eat almost anything.
And now, the Sunshine Award!
The rules for the award are:
- Include the award logo in a post and/or on your blog sidebar.
- Link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
- Link to your nominees in your post and let them know about the reward.
And here are the 10 questions from Jen with my answers:
1. Do you put up Christmas decorations early, or wait until after Thanksgiving?
I definitely wait until after Thanksgiving if I put them up at all! We won’t be in our apartment for Christmas this year so I might not decorate. But in the past at our house I had fun going all out…in the living room.
2. Favorite Bond woman?
Seeing as how I’ve never watched an entire Bond movie from beginning to end, I can’t name a single one. Sorry!
3. Favorite artist?
As in, music, painting, sculpture, what? Or do I get to pick? Regardless, I’m much more drawn to the type of art rather than the person who created it. This summer we bought what I would consider to be our first grown-up art when it caught my eye at a street festival. And no, I don’t remember who the artist is. Although I stuck the card in the back of the frames when we framed these.
4. Be honest, do you still have any VHS or cassettes around your house?
Part of me wants to say yes, but another part of me wants to say that we tossed them all when we moved in May.
5. Favorite holiday?
Any holiday that I get off work? Does that count?
6. What’s the last book you read?
As mentioned earlier, the last book I attempted to read was American Gods by Neil Gaiman. The last book I finished was Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Yes, seriously. It wasn’t that good.
7. Braids or buns?
Buns, but only because I can’t braid my own hair. I can barely put it up in a bun!
8. What’s your favorite time of day?
Late afternoon/early evening. My favorite time to work out and then chill with dinner and a glass of wine is when the sun is setting.
9. Do you find it hard not to smile when being photographed?
If I’m looking at the camera, yes. If I’m looking down or away, then no.
10. If you could travel anywhere right now, which locale would you choose?
A friend and I are trying to plan a trip for next summer to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. If I could fast-forward time I’d go there!
And that brings us to the end of these awards. But, I suppose I need to nominate the next round! So, in the interest of consolidation, the people I nominate can either give us 7 random facts or answer 7 random questions!
Those people are:
Katie @ Alaskan Weredork
Kimmie @ Blue Paper Lanterns
Emily @ Out and About
Kelsey @ Ready, Set, Feast
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement
Mica @ MicaPie
And if you want to answer the 7 random questions, how about these:
1. Best vacation so far? | 2. Mac or PC? | 3. Do you consider yourself to be a morning person? | 4. Pie or Cake? | 5. Describe one of your phobias. | 6. Least favorite food? | 7. What is something you think you SHOULD do but you just don’t bother?