For the first time in the history of my Style Imitating Art participation I’ve had to resort to a “flat lay” of my outfit instead of a regular full-body photo.
I went with stripes, black, white and red to echo the sunset and the silhouette in the painting. And, of course, crescent moon earrings because what comes right after sunset? The moon!
However, as I mentioned, I wasn’t able to get a full outfit photo. Why? Because my life is a mess right now. Currently I am:
- Training for the Miami Marathon, which takes place on January 29th
- Working for the F3 Half Marathon, which takes place on January 28th
- Volunteering for the Good Life Race 5K which has their first meeting this week
- Trying to get ready for a trip to Santa Fe on Thursday
- Cleaning up our apartment so it can get ready for showings
- Packing up our apartment so we can move in January
- Trying to buy Christmas gifts for family
- Attempting to keep the dog from going stir-crazy while we get several inches of snow and the temperatures drop to below freezing
- Doing my day job
So, yeah, blogging is taking a back seat. And, honestly, I don’t know when I’ll have the time or energy to blog regularly in the near future. Especially with our move coming up. And trying to find someone to take over our current lease. And and and. Something’s gotta give.
All that said, I’m taking a break from blogging for the rest of the year. I’ll still be around on Instagram, though, if you want to follow me there.
Have a wonderful holiday/December/winter and I’ll see you in 2017!