I’ve been slacking on writing my Fitness Friday posts. I kept meaning to lump them into my October goals post but that didn’t happen, either. Maybe my slacking at blogging is because I haven’t been slacking at workouts.
As I’ve mentioned briefly before, I’m currently training for the Miami Marathon at the end of January. I’m training with Live Grit and we’re in week 3 of training.
It’s fun, for once, to have someone else give me a training plan. Although I’ve run 4 other marathons I’ve either used a training plan I found online (typically Hal Higdon) or made one up myself. I’ve never marathon trained with a coach or a group so this is a new experience for me!
Illinois Marathon 2013 | Las Vegas Marathon 2011 | Milwaukee Marathon 2011 | Chicago Marathon 2010
However, I’m not giving up my strength training regime until it’s absolutely necessary. Thankfully I have a job where I can hit the gym on my lunch break to do the strength training stuff and I’ve been running before and after work.
Of course, it’s dark before work right now and if my run is any longer than 4 miles it gets dark before I get home. I prefer not to run in the dark by myself, even though Chewie would probably eat anyone if they tried anything funny. Still, I’d rather not take the chance.
Plus, after training for Gasparilla last winter I know I can do my runs on the treadmill if need be so I’ve been doing that here and there instead of running the dark. I’m going to make it work because I have plans for Miami.
So, here’s to marathon training for the first time in almost 4 years!
- Monday 10/3 – Leg strength workout
- Tuesday 10/4 – Upper body strength workout + 4.5 mile run
- Wednesday 10/5 – 3 mile run
- Thursday 10/6 – Leg strength workout
- Friday 10/7 – 4 mile run (treadmill w/6×30 second buildups) + upper body strength workout
- Saturday 10/8 – 5.3 miles
- Sunday 10/9 – Rest
- Monday 10/10 – Leg strength workout + 3.5 mile run
- Tuesday 10/11 – Rest
- Wednesday 10/12 – Upper body strength workout + 3 mile run (treadmill)
- Thursday 10/13 – Leg strength workout
- Friday 10/14 – 4 mile run
- Saturday 10/15 – 6 mile run
- Sunday 10/16 – Rest
- Monday 10/17 – 3.1 mile run + leg strength workout
- Tuesday 10/18 – Upper body strength workout + 4.5 mile run
- Wednesday 10/19 – Rest
- Thursday 10/20 – Leg strength workout + 4.75 mile run
- Friday 10/21 – Upper body strength workout
- Saturday 10/22 – 7 mile run
- Sunday 10/23 – Rest