Every year about this time I think “Yay, summer!” And then I remember I live in Chicago and we don’t get consistently get summer for another month. So while I’d like to make one of my May goals to go for drinks on a patio or rooftop, well, I think I’d better save that one. But before we get to my May goals, let’s see how I did on my April ones, shall we?
- Actually study one chapter a week of my NSCA book – Ha! Well, this one certainly didn’t happen. I’ve gotten to chapter 6 of….24, I think? It’s just a LOT more science and physics than I was expecting. However, I did take one of the practice tests and did better than I did the first time I took it. So there’s that.
- Get my overhead press into the triple digits for my one rep max – This one didn’t happen, either. I did manage two reps at 65 pounds which, considering my previous one rep max was 70 pounds, means I’ve definitely increased my strength. Slowly but surely I’ll get there!
- Take clothes to the consignment shop – I took a bunch of items to the consignment shop and they took 5 of them. The rest are being saved for fall or got dropped at Goodwill on my way home. Score!
- Read another book – I finished A Beginner’s Guide to Paradise: 9 Steps to Giving Up Everything and really enjoyed it! It’s a nice mixture of light hearted reading and actually thinking about what you’re doing with your life. I’d recommend it.
- Try a new brunch restaurant – Yep! Sarah from Windy City Wanderlust helped me complete this one with our trip to The Publican.
So what do I want to make happen in May?
- Complete at least two more chapters in my NSCA book.
- Play one of the new board games I just bought (my coworker recommended Castle Panic and Red November so I bought them both).
- Go to dinner at a new-to-me restaurant in my neighborhood. If I get to sit outside all the better! I’m thinking MAD Social. Anyone want to join me?
- Run a mile in under 7 minutes. I’d like to see if I can do it at 9.0 MPH on the treadmill. That’s a 6:39 mile, I believe.
- Read another book. I just got Pretty Girls for my Kindle and I’d like to actually start (and finish) it!
How about you? What do you want to accomplish in May? Maybe voting for your favorite outfit from April? Hint, hint.