Back in February I decided that each month I was going to focus on accomplishing five small goals. I’m much better at small goals than I am at big, hairy ones so breaking it down this way is more fun for me!
But, before we get to my goals for March, how’d I do in February?
- Do our taxes – Yes! I finished these on Sunday evening. And thank goodness for paying student loan interest. That put us over the edge from owing money to getting a refund!
- Buy my personal training certification study materials – Yep, yep. These are purchased! Should be here any day now. Then the fun really begins, right?
- Read at least one book – I finished The Girl on the Train. What did I think? You’ll just have to wait for my review on Sincerely, Jennie! I also tried to start The Language of Flowers but wasn’t in the mood.
- Try a new restaurant – I actually tried two! Yes, we went to RPM Steak for Jason’s birthday. It was quite good, but, I have to say, if you like really fancy steak places then I would recommend Bavette’s. But the bar at RPM Steak is amazing for people watching.
- Schedule at least one happy hour with friends – The second new-to-me restaurant I tried was because I scheduled a happy hour to check out the newest pizza place in my ‘hood with two friends, therefore crossing off this goal. We went to Forno Rosso. Two thumbs up from these girls!
Well, look at that! I accomplished everything on my list! So, what do I want to accomplish in March?
- Try a new recipe – I’m pretty good about trying new things and I recently pinned this Egg Roll Stir Fry that I want to make. I save my experimenting for weekends, though, so this might have to wait for a week or two.
- Not overschedule myself – Why is it that some weeks you have nothing and other weeks everyone wants to schedule something? I try to limit my after work activities to one night a week but sometimes it’s hard to skip things. I’m going to use this goal to focus on talking with Jason about attending things before I say yes. Which, I fully admit, I have a tendency to do.
- Set some personal training studying goals – Is it silly to have a goal to set some goals? My materials haven’t arrived yet so I don’t really know what to expect. But I want to actually crack them open and not let them sit. So, a goal to set goals it is!
- Read at least one book – I went on a book reserving spree at the library and, of course, they all came in at once. I’d like to read at least one of them!
- Learn to make a pie – For Christmas I gave my mom the Hoosier Mama Pie Company cookbook and promised to come make pie with her. Guess what I’m doing this weekend?
Linking up with Nicole.