Hey, everyone! How’s it going? I had an insanely busy weekend and my husband (aka my photographer) was working for almost all of it.
My weekend consisted of:
- Taking Chewie to the dog park
- Making cinnamon sugar pecans and chocolate chip peanut butter cheesecake bars for a bake sale
- Helping a lovely woman edit her closet before a move (shout out to Susan! It was lovely to meet you!)
- Attending a clothing swap
- Making a new recipe for dinner
- Attending a fundraiser at Revolution Brewing
- Doing laundry, going to Target, making a menu and grocery list, and watering plants
Notice that it did not involve taking any outfit photos. Which meant that I was sad that I wasn’t going to be participating in this week’s Style Imitating Art as chosen by Jen. She chose a lovely Henri Mattisse painting called Pot of Geraniums and it’s just full of fun colors.
But then, when I got home from work on Monday, I realized that my outfit already had two of the main colors in it! All I needed to add was some pink. And so this outfit was born.
Admittedly, to work I wore silver boat shoes and my blue necklace but I think I like this version better. The pop of the pink in the shoes just takes it a bit over the edge, right?
Also, this picture was taken using our DSLR, remote, and a tripod. It was a pain in the ass. Hat’s off to bloggers who do that on the regular!!