Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was packed full including:
- Leading my first group run with the Chicago Area Runners Association
- Going to my nephew’s little league game and my niece’s kiddie soccer game
- Drinking way too many beers while hanging out with my family
- Going to brunch with my Ragnar Chicago team (that’s a 200 mile running relay, by the way)
- Visiting the Maxwell Street Market in Chicago for tacos and tamarind Italian ice (and to marvel at what is basically a flea market)
- Passing out for a nap.
And because I’m going to be super busy today attending a conference I had to take these pictures last night. But since I fell asleep and then it started raining we had to sneak them in using the flood lights on the roof.
I think, though, that the lighting makes the red really pop. Of course, pairing red with black and white always makes red pop. I needed something comfortable to wear today and this dress is probably the most forgiving item I own. The last time I wore it I also paired it with a belt but wore a cardigan instead of a blazer. Not sure why I haven’t featured this dress on the blog since then! I’m thinking it needs to become a summer staple.