Navy and Black is Back

Office Appropriate Outfits - Winter

J. Crew Navy Tweed Jacket with black turtleneck and black pants, Chicago style blogger

Jacket – J. Crew via ebay (similar) | Turtleneck  – The Limited (similar) | Pants – Ann Taylor (similar) | Shoes – Bandolino (same)

First, before I get to the outfit, I want to ask you to take the Two Year Anniversary Reader Survey if you haven’t already. It would mean a lot to me! I have 25 responses so far and would love to hear more feedback.

Now, on to the outfit. I know I’ve discussed wearing navy and black together in the past. And even if you’re still not sure about it, I have to say this jacket would make you change your mind. Why? Not only did I get two compliments on it in less than 4 hours but it also has both black AND navy already in the fabric.

If that doesn’t tell you that navy and black are okay together than I don’t know what will. And if you want your own navy and blue jacket, you can still find this one on eBay.

Anyway, I tend to pair this jacket with navy or black when I wear it. I’m thinking I need to branch out soon!

Three ways to wear the J. Crew navy tweed jacket via Chicago Style Blogger Loop Looks

Linking up with Fizz & Frosting | On the Daily Express | More Pieces of Me | Basic Training Corporate Style | Two Birds

22 replies on “Navy and Black is Back

I really like that jacket! It almost looks kind of sparkly in that second picture. Plus if you want to do navy and black together, that certainly seems like an effective way to do so. It’s much less I-got-dressed-in-the-dark-and-thought-they-were-the-same-color than navy and black can sometimes be.

You look fab! I love this outfit! I think that jacket would look really nice with a huge pop of color underneath- I’m thinking coral?

I didn’t even recognize the jacket closed! I thought it was new! LOL. I have a jacket cut like that that I really like and get compliments on, too. Is there a name for that type of cut with the shorter sleeves?

I’ve also worn navy and black together in the past and felt ridiculous. I just think it helps that this jacket already has both colors in it so I can’t be like “uh, I didn’t realize I was wearing to different colors.”

4. carylee

Oh! I love how that jacket pairs with the boots! What a great look! I haven’t jumped head first into the blavy combo just yet. I”m still warming up to navy all on its own! But I do really like it on you!

I didn’t start falling in love with navy until about a year and a half ago. Until then it was just black all the time. I’ve read that as you get older it’s easier to wear navy because black can start to look harsh. I wonder if that’s what’s happening to me!

5. Jen

Thanks again for stopping by this. I’m a big fan of the collarless blazer! And I have definitely seen a lot of navy and black together recently. :)