My First Sleeveless Blazer

•• Office Appropriate Outfits - Fall

CAbi Black and gray sleeveless blazer with black leggings and heels

sleeveless_blazer_black_leggings_2 sleeveless_blazer_black_leggings_3

Sleeveless blazer – c/o CAbi (same) | Tank top – The Limited (similar) | Leggings – Gap (similar) | Shoes – Vince Camuto (similar) | Necklace – The Limited (similar)

So my friend Holly who does personal styling and in-home shopping consults for CAbi offered to send me one piece from the fall collection to feature on the blog. I admit, I actually had a difficult time choosing! But, in the end, I went with this sleeveless blazer. Or, I suppose, vest. Vests (aka sleeveless blazers) popped up this summer as a great layering piece that adds extra interest to an outfit without adding extra warmth or bulk.

On an end of summer/beginning of fall day it was actually the perfect piece to pair with pants and sandals. When it’s cool enough in the morning to need a jacket but warm enough to ditch it by the afternoon a sleeveless blazer is a great compromise.

I suspect I will be wearing this one with dresses, skirts, and other colors of pants throughout the fall and winter! Plus the length is great for wearing with leggings.

What do you think? Fun piece or too retro?

CAbi Black and gray sleeveless blazer with black leggings and heels

1. Kate

What a great piece! I’ve seen similar sleeveless blazers/vests dressed up and dressed down. These things are definitely overwhelming my wish list!

1. Kate

I can’t remember all of them– I’ve seen a bunch on Pinterest but haven’t pinned them because I don’t have a sleeveless blazer (yet). I really like them belted over dresses, but I also like them paired with jeans and worn over a long-sleeve top (belting optional). I’ve also seen them casually worn over a pencil skirt and button up top. Hope that helps!

2. Dee!

Beautiful! Watch out, though, I got hooked on vests and now my closet is crammed with them. They seem to multiply magically! And so versatile, almost like necklaces………..one or two is never enough.

This is actually WAY classier than I envisioned upon hearing “sleeveless blazer.” I was expecting something more along the lines of a blazer with the sleeves cut off, a la bros in the weight room, but this actually looks quite nice! I like all the detail on the bottom too — makes things way more interesting.

Ooooh, I really like the look of sleeve-less blazers, it’s a very lean and almost an edgy look they lend to an outfit and I think you were right in going with this garment as your pick from the collection! I really like the personality it adds to a pair of basic black pants and those strappy sandals are so sexy, it’s a very sassy, edgy look. I wouldn’t say its too retro a look at all, the actual cut of the blazer keeps it from looking dated.

I do really like the retro look of the sleeveless blazer, but I’m having a hard time picturing it for fall/winter. Can’t wait to see what you do with it then (which is to say, I can’t wait until it’s not 90 degrees out!).

The sleeveless blazer is so sharp and so elegant! I love the entire outfit with the contrasts of black, the various shades of gray, and the necklace. Really sleek!

7. Pingback: The Sleeveless Blazer Returns - Loop Looks