Because I’m a frequent commenter (or maybe because she just likes me) Bethany nominated me to answer these 10 random questions about myself! Since this week is all kinds of crazy I thought today would be a good time to share my answers.
1. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were little?
I think the very first thing I ever wanted to be was a veterinarian. To be honest, I’m not sure why I didn’t pursue that. Maybe for the same reason I didn’t pursue becoming a forensic pathologist. The amount of schooling required freaked me out.
2. What’s your writing utensil of choice?
A pen with black ink. I’m not that picky beyond that. A fine-ish point is nice but I don’t have a particular brand to which I’m loyal.
3. If you need to ask someone a question and that person is not within earshot (i.e.: talking isn’t an option), are you most likely to text them, call them, instant message them (either through gchat or otherwise), or e-mail them?
For most people, it’s email. With my husband, it’s text. Or email if I don’t feel like typing on my phone. Please do not make me have to call you. I really, really dislike the phone.
4. What was your preferred study location in college? (Or now, if you’re currently in school)
I recall doing almost all my studying in my dorm room. Although, there was at least one occasion when I spent almost the entire day at the library. Multiple psychology research papers, baby.
My home for two of my four years: the room directly above the front door.
5. What’s your stupid human trick? (i.e.: ear wiggling, tongue rolling, etc.)
I honestly don’t think I have one! I mean, yeah, I suppose I can roll the sides of my tongue up but that’s not THAT unusual, is it?
6. How many e-mail accounts do you have active right now?
Four, including my work email. I really need to learn to use gmail better. It would probably make my life easier.
7. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Sautéed and roasted red pepper and onion with polenta with white wine and thyme sauce. Leftovers from this recipe (we ate all the sausage at dinner…)
8. What’s your favorite type of weather?
75 and sunny, please. With low humidity. Although, if I want to go for a run I want it to be in the 50s. And if I want to race all out then the 40s are preferred. Otherwise I want weather where I can wear shorts and a tank or pants and a light jacket any time I chose.
9. Have you ever met anyone famous? And if so, who?
Ben Folds. And, yes, I have photographic proof. It’s even pre-Facebook. Complete with photo-bombing guy before photo-bombing was even a word.
10. What’s your ideal mode of transportation?
Teleportation. Oh, wait, that hasn’t been invented yet. Um, I suppose it depends where I’m at and where I’m going. In Chicago I much prefer the train over the bus and while I’m not a fan of cabs they do come in handy. Driving is preferred in the suburbs or in my hometown but I avoid the car when I’m in the city. Flying is best for any trip over 6 hours if I can go non-stop. Although I’m typically a nervous wreck until we land. But it’s better than being in the car forever!
I’m supposed to tag 10 other people but, eh, you can answer any of these questions in the comments if you want. I’m bucking the system. Look at me being a rebel.