Working Outside the Box

•• Office Appropriate Outfits - Spring

red_pants_camel_blazer_chambray_shirt_2

IMG_3776IMG_3779

Blazer – Macy’s (similar) | Shirt – Old Navy (similar) | Pants – Gap (similar) | Heels – Macy’s (similar)

Total outfit cost = $98

Today is the Third Thursday link-up at Work Clothes, I Suppose and I had grand plans of recreating an outfit that Bri herself had inspired me to wear. However, I totally failed and recreated the wrong red pants outfit! Instead, I put together an outfit similar to one I saw last fall on Lily Says Go.  Either way, it’s red pants and a camel blazer with leopard shoes. I just wore chambray instead of my gold polka dot top. And now I have that outfit to look forward to!

Anyway, today’s Third Thursday theme is “Work Wear”. Considering I wear what I think of as “work wear” every day, this isn’t a stretch. But I think the fact that I paired two pieces that could be considered slightly casual (cropped pants, chambray-ish shirt) but added heels and a blazer that my outfit is work appropriate without being traditional.

I mean, I own several suits (and have even worn them on the blog on occasion) but I think that’s an easy cop-out! One of my goals for this blog is to help women dress for work without feeling constrained by traditional work outfits! So, wear those red pants, add those leopard heels, wear something other than black! You can do it, I promise.

red_pants_chambray_shirt_camel_blazer_4

Also linking up with Mix & Match Fashion.

I need your entire leopard collection – those shoes are so cute!

I haven’t worn a suit in 6 years (whoa, since my last job interview!), and donated the suits I did have, so I appreciate non-suit work outfits. You could just as easily make this casual with flats and a denim jacket or cardigan, so I like the versatility of pieces like the cropped pants.

Heels, flats, belt, and flip flops (technically, though, the flip flops are “giraffe” patterned). Plus one leopard print shirt and a scarf. Nope, I don’t have a problem at all.

2. Ainslee

I love this look! Those shoes are to die for. Visiting from What I Wore to work linkup, love your blog :) Just followed.

xo, Ainslee

abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

IKR?! And. I think they can look really professional, like in this post, and with the outfit you helped me with for Book of Mormon!

3. Brynn

Love those pants, Erin! They fit you perfectly and seem to be a good balance between being professional but also showing off your personality! :)

theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

4. Bri Marie

haha oops! I definitely love this look, too, though! I’m going to have to use it as inspiration next time I pull out the red pants!! Thanks for linking up, as always!!

5. Maggie

Oooh cute, I might be able to recreate this, except I really don’t like the khaki blazer that I have – picked it up at a clothing swap and it’s just … meh.

My tan blazer is SUPER old and I’ve been thinking about replacing it. But it still fits and seems to suit my needs so I just haven’t gotten around to it. It can be hard to justify buying something new when you have something that kind of works.

I love red and camel together, it’s crazy how a camel blazer just makes everything look so chi and stylish. This is so fun with the red pants, leopard heels and the top and yet it looks so lovely. You have such a talent for effortless and pretty ensembles.