White Hot

Office Appropriate Outfits - Spring

White pants with gray blazer and embellished t-shirt

white_pants_gray_blazer_2 white_pants_gray_blazer_3

Blazer – The Limited (similar) | Shirt – Express (similar) | Pants – The Limited (similar) | Shoes – Gabriella Rocha via 6pm.com (similar) | Necklace – NY & Co (similar)

Hello, Monday! After a long and crazy weekend (that included me sleeping through someone’s birthday party because I’m a horrible friend who had been up since 3:45 AM) I was not feeling that inspired this morning. Thank goodness for Two Birds and their Inspiration Monday post!  I haven’t done one of these in awhile but today the combination of white and gray was what I needed to put together my own outfit.

Source

Since I won’t be wearing a see-through maxi skirt (or are those pants??) to work I swapped Jennifer Lawrence’s skirt for white pants. I kept the t-shirt vibe, though, by wearing a white t-shirt with some shiny embellishments. And, of course, the gray blazer to mimic her gray top and to take the t-shirt up to a more professional level.

I firmly believe a blazer makes just about anything office appropriate. Well, okay, maybe not ANYTHING, but close enough.

Or, at least, that’s what I’m telling myself.

24 replies on “White Hot

1. two birds

3:45…i hope everything is ok! you’re not a horrible friend at all! i love your take on the outfit. the white pants with the grey are perfect!

Oh, yeah. I was up at 3:45 to volunteer for a marathon & half-marathon. A bunch of my friends were running it so it was a good way to see them while helping out.

I think waking up that early and volunteering all morning gives you a pass on missing a birthday party – I know I’d be asleep pretty early if it were me!

But what’s this, a see-through maxi-skirt isn’t office appropriate? I’ve never thought about putting white and gray together – I like this combination!

Let’s never, ever set alarms for 3:45 a.m. again. Deal? Deal. Eating real food and being in bed by 9:00 were probably the two best things that happened to me Saturday haha.

Big fan of the embellishments on the white t-shirt. I like the sparkle they add, and they kind of pick up on the whole grey thing as well (silver…grey…close enough).

I always thought people who ran the Disney World races were crazy because they had to get up that early to get to the race. And now I’ve done and I wasn’t even running!

What I got out of this is that I should pair a blazer with my yellow cat shirt and wear it to work… thanks for the idea!

I bet your friend understood! You had a crazy weekend!

Gorgeous look- much more professional that Jennifer Lawrence too (which, by the way, I didn’t realize that was her..must be the new hair color!) White pants scare me- I own a pair but am scared to wear them for fear of staining them within 5 minutes. It’s happened before!
    Valerie

I wouldn’t have known that was here if it hadn’t been in the URL!

Also, to be honest, these pants have some weird yellow spot on the waistband that showed up AFTER I took them to the dry cleaner. But, I figure my shirt covers it so I’ll just pretend it’s not there.

Wait, are you telling us that adding a blazer does not make a see through maxi skirt automatically appropriate for work? Well darn…

I do just love gray and white together and in this case, I think your version of the inspiration photo is so much better! The white and gray in your outfit looks so regal almost, it’s totally something I could see Kate Middlton wearing. (Or Princess Catharine or whatever she’s called these days.)

7. Pingback: Black, White and Boots - Loop Looks