White Hot

•• Office Appropriate Outfits - Spring

White pants with gray blazer and embellished t-shirt

white_pants_gray_blazer_2 white_pants_gray_blazer_3

Blazer – The Limited (similar) | Shirt – Express (similar) | Pants – The Limited (similar) | Shoes – Gabriella Rocha via 6pm.com (similar) | Necklace – NY & Co (similar)

Hello, Monday! After a long and crazy weekend (that included me sleeping through someone’s birthday party because I’m a horrible friend who had been up since 3:45 AM) I was not feeling that inspired this morning. Thank goodness for Two Birds and their Inspiration Monday post!  I haven’t done one of these in awhile but today the combination of white and gray was what I needed to put together my own outfit.

Source

Since I won’t be wearing a see-through maxi skirt (or are those pants??) to work I swapped Jennifer Lawrence’s skirt for white pants. I kept the t-shirt vibe, though, by wearing a white t-shirt with some shiny embellishments. And, of course, the gray blazer to mimic her gray top and to take the t-shirt up to a more professional level.

I firmly believe a blazer makes just about anything office appropriate. Well, okay, maybe not ANYTHING, but close enough.

Or, at least, that’s what I’m telling myself.

1. two birds

3:45…i hope everything is ok! you’re not a horrible friend at all! i love your take on the outfit. the white pants with the grey are perfect!

Oh, yeah. I was up at 3:45 to volunteer for a marathon & half-marathon. A bunch of my friends were running it so it was a good way to see them while helping out.

I think waking up that early and volunteering all morning gives you a pass on missing a birthday party – I know I’d be asleep pretty early if it were me!

But what’s this, a see-through maxi-skirt isn’t office appropriate? I’ve never thought about putting white and gray together – I like this combination!

Let’s never, ever set alarms for 3:45 a.m. again. Deal? Deal. Eating real food and being in bed by 9:00 were probably the two best things that happened to me Saturday haha.

Big fan of the embellishments on the white t-shirt. I like the sparkle they add, and they kind of pick up on the whole grey thing as well (silver…grey…close enough).

I always thought people who ran the Disney World races were crazy because they had to get up that early to get to the race. And now I’ve done and I wasn’t even running!

What I got out of this is that I should pair a blazer with my yellow cat shirt and wear it to work… thanks for the idea!

I bet your friend understood! You had a crazy weekend!

Gorgeous look- much more professional that Jennifer Lawrence too (which, by the way, I didn’t realize that was her..must be the new hair color!) White pants scare me- I own a pair but am scared to wear them for fear of staining them within 5 minutes. It’s happened before!
    Valerie

I wouldn’t have known that was here if it hadn’t been in the URL!

Also, to be honest, these pants have some weird yellow spot on the waistband that showed up AFTER I took them to the dry cleaner. But, I figure my shirt covers it so I’ll just pretend it’s not there.

Wait, are you telling us that adding a blazer does not make a see through maxi skirt automatically appropriate for work? Well darn…

I do just love gray and white together and in this case, I think your version of the inspiration photo is so much better! The white and gray in your outfit looks so regal almost, it’s totally something I could see Kate Middlton wearing. (Or Princess Catharine or whatever she’s called these days.)

7. Pingback: Black, White and Boots - Loop Looks