First things first: the outfit. Inspired by ShopGirl DC and worn on one of our first bare legs days this year (apologies for the starkness of my gams!) I am in love with this outfit. I love the pop of pink. I love that it consists of my favorite color of the moment (navy), and I love that it gives me a way to wear this shirt that I’d never thought of before.
You know what you love about it? You can recreate it with the pieces linked above for under $100. Yes, I’m serious. And even though the Target website says that polka dot skirt isn’t sold in stores, I know I saw it at my local Target recently. So there.
Anyway, Lauren over at Lauren Runs to Tri tagged me for one of those Liebster Awards where you list 11 random things about you and then answer 11 questions. You all seemed to enjoy learning some random facts about me last week so why not have a few more?
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I was on the dance team as a senior in high school and also graduated with a perfect GPA. I was an odd mix of cheerleader, outcast, and nerd.
2. My undergraduate honors thesis was on the differences between male and female serial killers. Yep.
3. I’m married to the guy I started dating the summer before my senior year of high school. We had to date long-distance for four years while I was away at college but we made it! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is in May.
4. I used to hate all pies made with fruit. Now I enjoy apple pie and some berry pies but blueberry, cherry or peach pie are still on the no list.
5. I will try most foods at least twice before I make a determination about whether or not I like them.
6. I have two tattoos. The one on my foot that you’ve probably seen in outfit photos and one on my back above my left hip.
7. I would rather read a book than watch a movie.
8. I got my first email address in 1996. I had a dial-up modem and AOL.
9. There is a birthmark on my left leg in the shape of a paw print but it has significantly faded as I’ve gotten older.
10. I’m terrified of snakes.
11. I’ve never worked in retail. Food service, yes, but never retail.
1. What time did you go to bed last night?
11:30 PM. I usually try to be in bed by 11:00 but lately it’s been 11:30.
2. How do you feel about public speaking?
I don’t mind it at all. I’m technically an introvert but one who loves public speaking. Seems contradictory, but it’s really not. I like being in control of when I talk and public speaking is one way to do that! Good thing I don’t mind it, too. Part of my job involves leading training courses for other staff members!
3. If you were invisible, where would you go?
Skinny dipping in an infinity pool overlooking some gorgeous view somewhere
4. What do you want to do for your next birthday?
My birthday is in January so I always have to think of indoor things to do. I had a really good time doing a wine and painting class for my birthday this year, though, so I’m actually thinking of making it an annual event!
5. Where would you like to live when you retire?
It would be great if I could have a place in Chicago and a place somewhere warmer. Just so that when I get tired of cold I could escape for a week. Now that I live in an apartment building and don’t have to shovel, I don’t care about the snow but sometimes the cold and the gray just gets to me.
6. What’s your favorite strength move that is quick to do?
I hope straight-legged deadlifts count because those are my favorite.
7. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
8. What type of art do you like best?
Not knowing enough about art to be able to describe it, I guess I’d have to say in terms of paintings or photography I like geometric designs, urban landscapes, and colors.
9. Sweet or salty?
Both? Although I more often crave sweet than salty. And if I eat too much salt I DEFINITELY want something sweet afterward.
10. Who is the last person you talked with on the phone?
Um….does leaving a voicemail count? No? Then I guess it was Kim. On Sunday. No, wait, I made a hair appointment yesterday over the phone. Yes, seriously, I can go entire days without talking to someone on the phone even at work.
11. What is your mousepad like?
At work it’s a plain purple pad. At home it’s a random mouse pad I stole from my husband YEARS ago. It’s an underwater photo of a dolphin. Told you it was random.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but feel free to answer those questions above in the comments or on your own blog. Or just tell me something random about yourself!