Little Red Pants

Office Appropriate Outfits - Spring

red_pants_tan_sweater_plaid_shirt

tan_sweater_plaid_shirtplaid_shirt_red_pants

Sweater – Gap (similar) | Shirt – J. Crew (similar) | Pants – Gap (similar) | Boots – Bandolino via 6pm.com (similar) | Bracelet – gift (similar)

When I saw Laura wear her cropped red pants with boots and a sweater I knew I wanted to recreate the outfit with items in my own closet.  Sadly, after I put it on and took pictures I realized that marathon training (and my subsequent desire to EAT ALL THE THINGS) has not been kind to me.  Plus, it’s been awhile since I wore these pants and now they’re a little too tight in certain areas.  I ended up swapping out the crewneck sweater for a long oatmeal colored cardigan so I would feel less exposed.

But the point of this post is not to talk about pants that are a tad too small.  Nope, it’s to talk about the many ways I’ve worn these pants since “Pants” are the topic of the second day of 5 Days, 5 Ways.  Actually, this post is kind of a cop-out because I did a past post showing 9 different ways I’ve worn these red pants!

red_pants_9_ways

Still, other than a quickie photo from last year’s trip to New York City this is the first time I’ve showcased these pants for cold weather wear.  See, if your cropped pants are narrow enough at the ankle you can wear them all year round by putting boots over them!  Pretty neat, huh?

Want your own cropped red pants?  Here are a few that might fit the bill!

35 replies on “Little Red Pants

I’ve been using this trick with a pair of cropped skinny jeans all winter! I’m not letting myself buy much that can’t be worn year-round, so I definitely like this as a way to get more use out of otherwise seasonal pieces. Also, love all of the different red pant looks!

I think it was Laura that said the only problem is that if you go somewhere and have to take off your shoes you might look kind of odd. But since those situations are rare, it’s a great way to get double the wear out of your cropped pants!

Even if you have done a post kind of like this one before, I think this is a really nice complement to yesterday’s post. I know for me at least, it’s more or less easy to remember that you can wear a neutral like white all sorts of ways, but I’d feel a lot more limited with something colorful and bold. Clearly that doesn’t need to be the case!

Great point! Yes, colorful and bold can be remixed tons of different ways. Although, when I put this post together the first time I realized that I almost always wore my red pants with black or white. My goal is to wear them with other colors from now on!

3. Pixie in Pumps

I love red pants. It took be forever to find the right pair for me, but I was searching hard for them. Love your looks for these pants! I think my favorites are the top one in the middle and the bottom right one.

I LOVE red pants. It’s so much fun to mix things up from the usual array of neutral-colored pants, and no better way to do so than with a big pop of red color! My favorite looks with those red pants are the ones mixed with black & white, as well as mixed with animal print.

5. Ginny

I have some very similar pants and this is great inspiration. I seriously don’t think I could pick one as a favorite. : )
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

6. Kimbercrafts

I featured my red pants for today’s 5W5D too! I love the outfit of yours with the leopard cardigan – red and leopard is one of my all time favorite pattern/color combos.

You tell me! You’re the pro! When would I look ridic wearing them? (ignore that I already look ridic now since I wore down the heel already – just pretend they look nice)

I like the colors of your gingham shirt with the bright red pants, it’s *almost* a little Christmasy, but not really. (Hey, with all of this snow and the spring that will never come, it might as well be Christmas again.) I LOVE the camel sweater with the red pants, that is such a classic color pairing and yet I never think of it@

8. Pingback: 10 Ways to Pair Red That Aren't So Black and White - Loop Looks