My Faux Fur Friend

•• Office Appropriate Outfits - Winter

striped-shirt-faux-fur-vest-winter-white (2) crop

striped-shirt-faux-fur-vest-winter-white (1)striped-shirt-faux-fur-vest-winter-white (6)

Shirt – LOFT (similar) | Vest – Express via Poshmark (similar)| Pants – The Limited (similar) | Shoes – Karen Scott via Macy’s (similar) | Earrings – The Limited | Belt – Target

Faux fur vests were everywhere earlier this fall and winter.  And I totally see why.  They keep you warm without causing you to overheat.  Similar to the concept of wearing a wind-blocking vest when running in the winter.  Keeps your core warm!  I’ve worn my faux fur vest to work at least one other time and I also wore a belt with it then.  The belt helps define your waist so you don’t get swallowed up by the vest.

I actually saved an inspiration photo for this outfit almost 3 months ago.

joanna-hillman-faux-fur

Original Source

I loved the fur and the animal print with the stripes and the neutral pants.  Apparently this is Joanna Hillman, the senior fashion market editor for Harpers Bazaar and she is known to be quite fashionable.  The fact that I was easily able to recreate her outfit tells me that it can’t be too difficult to emulate looks that you love.  In fact, this outfit may be one of my current favorites!

Of course, it helps that my husband took some rocking pictures!

striped-shirt-faux-fur-vest-winter-white (4)striped-shirt-faux-fur-vest-winter-white (5)

Yes, strangely, the parking garage of our building has the best indoor lighting.  Who knew?

Anyway, faux fur.  Love it?  Hate it?

Linking up with Texas Love Birds

I am loving all the indoor pics this week! The contrast with the yellow is so fun.

I am not a fan of faux fur, but for the same reason I am not always a fan of faux leather… I need some “this is fake” buttons!

I’m not a fan of faux fur but you seriously look awesome in this outfit. When it popped up in my Google reader I said “oooOOOOoooo.” You look fab!

Can you wear the vest to work??

3. Aparna

W.O.W! Thats what came to my mind. Today’s look might also be my recent fav. look of yours! You look smashing..!

4. Kandi

I’m not sure I would wear faux fur but I appreciate the style. I like your look more than your inspiration photo. :) I also like the photos in the parking garage.

You look so glamorous!!! I am so obsessed with winter white pants – can’t get enough of them. The contrast with the leopard-print shoes looks amazing!

I wouldn’t wear faux fur myself – similar to what Kim said, I’d want a button that says “This is fake.” But you look amazing!!!

I find it so interesting that more than one of you is concerned about someone thinking you’re wearing real fur. I guess because faux fur is so “in” right now that never occurred to me!

Do you have your own winter white pants? I seem to recall you mentioning that in a previous comment.

Wow, this is such a gorgeous and glamorous look, you always make the fur vest look so good in every outfit. The stripes with the khaki pants and the leopard shoes is so cool and luxurious. (I have to say, I like the fit on your pants better than hers, those look like they would be a bit hard to pull off!)

How funny that the parking garage has good good lighting!

Hahaha, the inspiration photo pants are definitely something! They look a little ridiculous if we’re being honest.

This particular corner of the parking garage also gets some good diffuse outdoor lighting thanks to heavily frosted windows in the corner (that you can’t see). I guess Jason is learning something in his photography class because he picked this spot!

7. Kimbercrafts

I’m definitely a fan of faux fur. I had a faux fur vest of my own that met an unfortunate end when I accidentally put it in the dryer – I’m still looking for a replacement. I love how you styled yours with stripes and leopard!