Debut of the J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer

Casual Friday · Office Appropriate Outfits - Winter

navy-blazer-gold-polka-dots 001

navy-blazer-gold-polka-dots 010navy-blazer-polka-dots 004

navy-blazer-polka-dots 001

Blazer- J. Crew | Shirt –  Forever 21 | Jeans – Express | Boots – Old Navy via Threadflip (similar) | Bracelet – Gift

Back in October I started following Franish’s blog when she featured me on her Behind the Blog series.  One of the first things she wore that I fell in love with was the metallic polka dot top from Forever 21.  Amazingly, even though Forever 21 has a super fast turn-over of the items in their stores this top was still available (and continues to be so!) so I snatched one up for myself in November.  And seeing her pair it with the navy J. Crew blazer just solidified my need for a navy blazer.

Source

Which is odd, because, as I’ve mentioned, I never thought I was one to wear navy.  But sometime in 2012 I decided I wanted a navy blazer.  But perhaps you know how it is.  You fall in love with something and none of the knock-offs are quite up to par.  You could settle but you keep holding out, just waiting for that miracle to happen and your dream boat to fall into your lap.

And although I feel a little bit guilty for asking my dad and my husband to splurge on me for my birthday, I ended up with my dream blazer.  Aside from my wedding dress and my Cole Haan boots this blazer is the most expensive item I’ve ever owned.  And I have a feeling it will be around for a long, long time.

Because, as I mentioned a few Fridays ago, I’ve decided to embrace my current preppy phase.  And what’s more preppy than a navy blazer with gold buttons?  Of course, a true prepster would probably pair this outfit with some boat shoes or something but I also fell in love with the idea of glitter-embellished ankle boots.  Not sure why.  So, yes, preppy but with a bit of spunk.

And that’s how we like it.

Linking up with:  Two Thirty Five Designs Casual Fridays | Texas Lovebirds Copycat Linkup | Long Distance Loving Friday’s Fancies | Modly Chic Fashion Beauty Friend Friday | Work Clothes, I Suppose

34 replies on “Debut of the J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer

Gorgeous! Sometimes it’s worth it to splurge on those quality key items that really complete your wardrobe! My splurge back in November were my Aldo boots. Tough to swallow the price tag, but I honestly wear them almost every day…good life decision in the end :-) And I’m curious..what is this Threadfilp business?

Classic boots are totally splurge-worthy!

Threadflip is an online place where you can list the clothes, shoes or accessories you have for sale! Kind of like ebay but easier. I list things there and then when they sell I build up credit and use that to purchase other times on the site.

It’s definitely the most detail oriented blazer I own. There are even pockets on the inside! It’s really not that much more expensive than a full price blazer from The Limited, though. Although, blazers at The Limited go on sale. J. Crew’s don’t :-)

You can never go wrong with a classic blazer like that one. I strongly believe in investing in the fundamental wardrobe pieces that will never go out of style and that you’ll be able to wear countless ways for years and years to come.

I love that polka-dot blouse, too. The perfect mix of stylish pop but also understated. The boots look super sharp, too.

3. Mica

GAHHH, I love that blazer. It looks really great on you, and I think it’s “fine” (Not that you need someone else to validate your wardrobe) to have a pricey item because you shopped around first. You’ll get tons of wear out of it, so congratulations, ha!

4. Mary

you’re the second navy blazer I’ve seen tonight–I really need to go get one! Love the look and definitely digging the preppy right now too! Thanks for linking up to copycat linkup. Come back soon!! :)

I keep looking at this shirt online, it is just so pretty and after watching but you and Fran wear it, I think I need a blouse like this in my closet! (Well, i think I need a pair of sparkly boots in my closet as well, but I have to show a little restraint.) I am going to say, love those boots! And I love how you’ve manage to wear them in an office setting and make them look polished and professional, they really pick up the gold buttons on the blazer. I think it was smart to go with the j.crew blazer in the end, I’ve done that where I wanted one item but didn’t want to pay the money so I kept buying items that were sort of close but not really. In the end I should have just gone for the one I liked with how much it costed and and nice blazer will last forever so I think this was such a good choice on your part!

6. Bri Marie

Thanks so much for linking up – I’d love if you could throw a link to my site in your post! I just got a very similar shirt at Target – and now I’m so excited to put it under a blazer – great idea!!

Ooops! Totally thought I did that! Will take care of it ASAP.

Someone else commented that they saw that shirt at Target, too! I haven’t seen it but maybe that’s because I haven’t had the need to look for one anymore :-)

7. Carly

Sorry I’m just now commenting on this look but I love it! The metallic polka dots are perfect with the gold buttons on the blazer.

Thanks for linking up! Hope you’ll be back for Copycat Linkup this week! xo