You Pick Wednesday: Purple and Gold Scarf

You Pick Wednesday

Emily emailed me a photo of a lovely purple and gold scarf and said, “HELP!”  While, yes, this scarf could be worn with black pants and a white top or a black dress, I thought, why not jazz it up a bit?  So below we have several outfit ideas that pair this scarf with everything from more purple to leopard print.

purple-and-gold-scarf

Similar original scarf

purple-and-gold-with-tweed

Sweater | Shirt | Pants | Shoes | Bracelet

purple-scarf-brown-dress-green-dress

Turtleneck | Dress 1 | Dress 2 (similar) | Cardigan

purple-and-leopard-with-jeans

Cardigan | Jeans | Boots | Earrings

I actually love the last look so much I’ll be recreating it with a purple scarf I own!  I honestly didn’t realize I had all those pieces until I was putting this post together.  See, You Pick Wednesday helps me out, too!

So, don’t forget to submit your own style questions to looplooks@gmail.com!  Next week I’m tackling a really unique one but after that I’m wide open.

YouPickWednesdayicon

12 replies on “You Pick Wednesday: Purple and Gold Scarf

Pretty sure another scarf is the last thing my wardrobe needs, but the idea of a purple and gold scarf makes me so happy. Purple and gold were my high school’s colors, so I’ve got a sentimental place in my heart for that color combination. I have a tendency of wearing gold jewelry when I’m wearing purple so I can feel particularly school spirited haha.

2. Aparna

Love Look# 1. I almost have everything too! guess I’ll use my gold flower pin with my purple scarf..**Must recreate** :)

ooh and your friend’s scarf is to die for!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for taking my question!!!!!!!

I absolutely love the scarf with the green dress, that’s a look I never thought to put together. I have a green blazer so I’m going to be mixing and matching some of these ideas. I also never thought to wear the scarf with another purple top – I thought it would be too much of the same color, but with the gold it works very nicely!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

What a pretty scarf! I cannot tell from the pic – how is the color distributed? Half on one side, half on the other, or half and half down the middle?

This scarf is GORGEOUS. Emily, you lucky girl you, good score!

Erin, you create the best outfits on these posts. I love each and everyone of these and I so want to create number four, the leopard print is so surprising with the scarf but it works SO well! Those sparkly booties are just icing on the cake.

Purple and leopard is one of my favorite combos! And, yes, those sparkly booties are amazing. I recently got a pair off Threadflip although they are DIY so not nearly as sparkly as these.