While I’m off visiting three sets of family in three different states in 10 days, I’ve recruited my bloggy friends to keep you entertained. First, up we have Jen. She and I bonded because we have the same Master’s degree (Go Library Science!) and a passion for looking good at work. I hope you enjoy everyone who is helping me out this week!
Hi there! This is Jen from Librarian for Life and Style, and I’m excited to guest post again here at Loop Looks. Erin is one of the first style bloggers I started following and helped inspire me to start my own blog earlier this year. It’s been fun discovering more about my own style, and one classic I’ve found that I return to, again and again, are stripes.
Some recent ways that I’ve styled stripes include:
- Pattern-mixing a long, striped tank top with a graphic tie belt. The tonal grey slacks and classic denim jacket help keep the pattern-mixing quite subtle.
- Going bold with a striped blazer over basics, in this case consisting of a black button-down, skinny jeans, and tall boots.
- Layering a cargo vest over a long-sleeved striped top. If you’re worried that horizontal stripes will add width to your upper half, then layering a solid piece like this vest (and cinching the waist with a thin belt!) is a great way to break up all those stripes.
- Layering a bright, striped sweater over a chambray button-down for a preppy look. Again, layering in another piece like this scarf (which has a thin metallic stripe of its own) helps to add visual interest to the bold, horizontal stripes.
- Going subtle by pairing a striped top with a sweater coat. The thick ribbing of the sweater coat play off the thin stripes of the top for a mix of textures and patterns.
Stripes are so versatile and are a great foundation for pattern-mixing, whether it be with other stripes or patterns. How do you like to wear stripes?