Black and Leopard: Inspiration Monday

Office Appropriate Outfits - Winter

black-pants-leopard-cardigan 010

black-pants-leopard-cardigan 034

Cardigan –Lucky Brand (similar) | Shirt – Banana Republic Outlet (similar) | Pants – Gap | Boots – Cole Haan (similar)| Necklace – JF&A Tradeshow (similar)

Two Birds chose a deceptively simple look for today’s Inspiration Monday.  Black and leopard?  What could be easier?

Original Inspiration: Kate Moss

Still, I struggled with this outfit.  It’s strangely warm and rainy in Chicago today so I wanted to wear boots.  But I don’t really have a black top that I like wearing with these pants.  And my turtleneck is at the dry cleaners even if it had been cool enough to wear it.

Kate’s sweater looks as though she has a running race bib on it so I actually toyed with the joke idea of wearing one of my many race bibs for the photos.  But, this weekend was crazy with no chance to take outfit photos.  So I’m sneaking them in before work wherever I can and this AM I didn’t have the chance to take a silly photo.  So I subbed the white of the print with my new pearl necklace.

All of this to say, I love the idea of this outfit but not my execution.  But I’ll still keep playing around with it until I find something I like.  Because, again, black and leopard?  What could be easier?

inspmon_XJdT71_zpscbf30840

23 replies on “Black and Leopard: Inspiration Monday

1. two birds

i agree. i like the idea of her shirt…something a little more graphic, but i don’t love her shirt. i love how you played with the necklace instead. great idea!

2. Renae

Erin! wow! great use of your wardrobe. ok, i love your boots. want to share them with me? oh, i’m a 6.5 – 7 depending on the brand. Cole Haan would be a 6.5. Cheap brands are sneaks and i have to get a 7.

hey, have a super evening and wish me luck in getting a camera. i broke mine. poop.

These boots were my one closet splurge a few years ago. I saved up for them like crazy and they might be the most expensive thing I own! They are beautiful, though, aren’t they?

Bummer about your camera! I’ve broken mine twice this year. Such a pain.

3. Amy

Looking thru all the recent photos, I really like when you wear pants that are fitted like these. They suit your body type and compliment your figure. Leopard is always a plus, too. I always have some. Nice that it never goes out of style, and always seems cutting edge.

I’ve been staring at her shirt, trying to figure out what that is, if it’s just a logo or like you said, a racing bib. (Which I wouldn’t put it past her to just stick something like that on an outfit.) I dunno, it’s a little weird!
    I really like how you made this a little more wearable with a leopard print cardigan, that is a pretty eye catching coat she has! The cardigan seems a little more toned down, but still really fun and stylish.

LOL, I was going to ask what the heck is on her shirt! Funny! You would have a lot of bibs to choose from to wear!

I love how that necklace is off balanced. Fun!

I love black and animal print but have been hesitant to wear it to work for fear that it’ll look too racy. But this outfit looks great and very office appropriate!

7. Pingback: An Early Christmas Gift - Loop Looks